Tuesday, June 9, 2009

NCLB Can Kiss My Ass


Yesterday I had a meeting with representatives from the California Department of Education over compliance with the No Child Left Behind Act. It was brought to my attention that we may be out of compliance because we have not been offering services to private schools. What a load of crap. 

Let me get this straight-we are a public school institution and I've got to provide services to a private school? What the hell for? If private schools want to be detached from the public school system, then they should come up with their own services as far as I'm concerned. 

I asked for clarification as to what we should be doing to help the private schools. They recommended that we should provide timely and immediate consultations to the schools regarding assessment, professional development and training, etc. I'll repeat-what a load of crap. So, now I have to dedicate my precious time and public education resources to help out these damn private schools?

Apparently the No Child Left Behind Act requires that public school systems assist the private schools. I'll repeat for the third time-BULLSHIT! I'm going to engage in my own little act of civil disobedience and refuse to help an institution who is NOT part of the public school system. They are on their own, whether the federal government likes it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment