Saturday, May 30, 2009

All About Me!!

I've been having such a fabulous time blogging lately, so I figured that I would start another blog! (I must obviously not have enough time on my hands, qué no? I don't really know how this blog is going to be any different than some of my other blogs, but I suspect that I will probably focus more on race issues and will have less adultish themes to it. (ha, we'll see how long that lasts). We'll see how it goes, and if I find that I just end up writing everything on my other blog then so be it.

I figured that I would take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I am a 33 year old Latina feminist living in Los Angeles, California. I am a school administrator and am obsessed with the field of education. I was a bilingual educator for a number of years and now I am in the area of school finance, institutional leadership and educational law and policy. 

I'm pretty obnoxious, feisty and so far to the left that democrats often look like right wing assholes in my mind. I curse a lot, so much in fact that sailors have been known to blush in my presence. I have no inner monologue and I say whatever happens to be on my mind. I am fearless and I try to subvert the status quo in almost everything that I do. 

I am not married and have no children. I do not believe in marriage or monogamy at the moment. I have been in a very unconventional (to say the least) relationship with a male for the past twelve years; our relationship is open and I date other people if I feel like it while he chooses to be monogamous to me. 

My interests and some of the things that I will be blogging about here are: education, diversity, multilingualism, race and culture, feminism, politics, California history, leadership, and anything else that catches my interest at any given moment. Let's just say that I have a pretty stressful job during the day, and blogging releases some of my pent up frustrations.

Oh, and one more thing-I have been known to be mean and I am always plotting, planning and scheming to take over the world. 

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be here for a little bit before I move over to a hosted account.

No comments:

Post a Comment